Devlog 15: 22...28.05.2023
I blissfully went to sleep without remembering to write this. Time to speedrun...
Overall, a very productive week, actually! No school does wonders to Greg. Hm, Greg flourishes in an environment of no education? Lore?
- new npc that currently talks about grass only
- intro scene additions
- Solar Protuberance boss finished
- when the star explodes just right 👌
- lore cutscene accessible after the bossfight
- bike ghost fisherman accessible after the bossfight. If you're lucky...
- boot armour and fish weapon accessible from fishing minigame
- dialogue text noises
- some more characters have their own noises now
- some have had theirs updated
- default text with no character also makes a typing noise now
- you can make prank calls from grandma's house now
- lakeside battles a bit easier now...
- mail throws can now be charged up in biking game
- status effects are now stored in a list of resources instead of a list of hardcoded export vars
- status effects have icons now
- fish no longer deep duplicate their shaders (performance improvement)
- biking game position pointer no longer goes off the road
- cars no longer hit someone who has just loaded their game
- ability to store persistent data between playthroughs
Also! Shout out to my friends. Real big help with the playtesting and bug finding. Awesome suggestions for things to change or add. And the enthusiasm about the game... Thank you all very much! 💚
Well! How nice is that! Fruitful! Until next week.